Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Orderly & Organized

During a job interview, my boyfriend, Zach, was asked a question along the lines of “What experience do you have with organizing throughout your last job?” His response was “Just the basic receiving, stocking, and facing of the products on the sales floor. BUT after the past 4.5 years with my girlfriend, she has really rubbed off on me. My girlfriend is an ‘organizational junkie,’ for lack of a better phrase. She arranges the clothes in her closet by color and in alphabetical order by brand; Kayla is frequently in-and-out of stores like, Target, Meijer, and Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. looking for storage bins of some sort to organize either her closet, my closet, our bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, drawers, etc.; she’s constantly making lists in her phone; she uses about five different colors of ink in her calendar for different events; and the list goes on…” This story had opened up my eyes as to how much I affected him... getting organized had always been the last thing on Zach’s to-do list… if he even had a to-do list.

Not just Zach, but I know that getting organized is the last thing on everyone’s to-do list. As you can see, I am a clean freak! So, I am making this blog in hopes to give you several tips and ideas for becoming and staying organized. ALL THINGS ORDERLY & ORGANIZED! You will find that being organized, in the long run, will save you time. And not just you, but everyone around you (your family, co-workers, friends, etc.) Zach, proved to me, that my organizing is effective. My goal has always been not for me to just know where my things are after I file them, but for others to be able to locate those items, based off the way I organized or filed it.
With that said, I encourage you to think ahead and take some of your time (a half hour a day) to get organized… a routine will make your on-going organization easier. Whether it be: making a checklist, writing a to-do list, sorting items, or creating labels… it’s a great start!
I will leave you with this video created by Alejandra Costello, a certified professional organizer (CPO). She uploads weekly videos to YouTube of her different tips and ideas. I hope this video inspires you!


No comments:

Post a Comment